Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Conspiracy on MLK Blvd

Somewhere along the way I seem to have been tagged as a joke in my college's student database. "Hey, let's fuck with this kid'd account so nothing ever goes as planned!" someone must have said.

Financial Aid: Yes your loan was processed and approved, the funds have been given to the bursar.
Bursar: We don't have the money.
Me: Where the hell is the $6600 that I'm currently paying back to NJClass Loans then?
Financial Aid: At the Bursar's office.
Bursar: It's at Financial Aid.

Me: Can I register for the spring then?
Registrar: Not until the Bursar removes your billing hold.
Bursar: Not until Financial Aid gives us our money.
Financial Aid: It's all taken care of, I don't know why they won't remove the hold. Talk to them.

There was less red tape in DC, and that's saying something. This place seriously must be conspiring against me. All I want, all I need, is my last few classes, so I can take my damn diploma, which probably is written in crayon by a retarded monkey in a top hat, and get a job that allows me the bliss of sitting in a cubicle and giving 25% of my money to the government in taxes, and the remaining 75% of my income can go to paying off my loans like god intended, leaving me nothing.

I don't like this school, I don't particularly think my major was all that interesting, and I don't think anything I learned in a class is applicable in the actual workplace. Basic HTML classes don't mean anything when it comes time to set up a business network. CSS is nice, but your time is better spent on other components of a commercial site, like making it function, and making it secure. Doing script kiddy shit in Access is a waste when if you're doing anything sizable, you need Oracle anyway. I hate this more than I can describe, and it's just making me angry.

Mage out.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Even though you stole this from Black Mage (was about to abreviate that as BM and decided against it)...

The Real Conspiracy of MLK Blvd.

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home